Monday, August 16, 2010

Decisions, decisions

Message from God
From the Face book application “Message from God”

“On this day of my life, I believe that God wants me to know that decision is only wishful thinking until I take the first irreversible step.”

“You can tell yourself that you have already decided, that nothing now can stop you, but if that step backwards is so much safer than stepping forward, what will hold you true to your path when the going gets tough? Sometimes, the right thing to do is to take that first irreversible step, the one after which you cannot go back.” 

I can think of the many times when I faced decisions and procrastinated only to find that I had to forge forward regardless. 
I hate it when that happens, but learn I must, even if it is by the hard way.

2 comments:

  1. We do have to take that step, don't we or else always wonder what might have been....

    I wanted to answer your question about the quilt squares on the barns....It seems it's a grass roots effort to remind us of our pioneer and agriculatural hertiage and is often funded through grants. There are even events held to provide an opportnity for local residents to learn more about quilts and the quilting heriage of a particular area.....It is most prevalent in the western part of our state; I don't know about other states....An individual can choose their own quilt pattern and the colors and they can paint it or someone can paint it......often kids in local high schools will paint the squares for a project...
    I hope this helps......Many many old barns in western North Carolina have them and some people even plan trips to collect pictures of them.........they are fun to find......

    I hope you are feeling better and gaining your strength each day....I am continuing to pray for you .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world. Thanks for visiting my little corner of it!

    ReplyDelete